The tuition fees should be paid before the commencement of the academic year and in advance of each term’s attendance. An invoice for the tuition fees will be generated upon admission to ensure timely processing of payments prior to the start of classes. If there are any changes in your circumstances, we recommend contacting us before the fee payment deadline so that we can provide guidance on the available options. Please note that all tuition fees are set according to the fee structure established by Smart Vision School, following the guidelines of the KHDA School Fee Framework.
Application Fee of AED.500 (Excluding VAT) is payable at the time of the registration, and this fee: –
- refundable if the school does not offer the student a place
- non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it
- not deductible from the total tuition fees to be paid if the student is offered and accepts a place
Upon receiving an offer of a seat in the school and accepting the offer, parents will be required to pay a registration deposit. This deposit, equivalent to 10% of the total tuition fees, is payable after the student has been offered a place, and the parents have accepted the offer. It is important to note that the registration deposit is non-refundable. However, it will be deducted from the total tuition fees for the academic year.
Payment of Fees & Non-Payment of Fees
- Payment of school fees is mandatory within the first month of each term, unless a prior agreement with the school bursar has been made for a payment plan before the start of the term.
- If new students enrol at a school during the course of the academic year, the school can charge tuition fees starting from the month of enrolment. (For example, if a student enrols in a new school in the 3rd week of October, the school can charge tuition fees from the beginning of October).
- Schools can collect annual tuition fees in three instalments, due at the beginning of each term. The first term’s payment will be 40%, the second 30%, and the third term 30% of annual tuition fees.
- Failure to make timely payment of school fees may lead to various consequences, including the potential loss of the student’s place in the school, withholding of their school reports, references, and/or examination results. Furthermore, it could result in temporary or permanent expulsion or exclusion from the school.
Tuition Fee Discount:
- The school offers a 5% discount to all students, and this discount will be reviewed annually and subject to approval by the KHDA.
- To be eligible for corporate discounts such as Esaad, Emirates Platinum, Al Saada, etc., families must submit proof of their membership (along with an ID proof) within the first month of the term. Failure to provide the required documentation will result in the discount not being applied. It is important to note that standard discounts do not apply to families who have already utilized corporate discounts.
- Furthermore, it is important to note that the corporate cardholder must be a biological parent of the child.
- Multiple discounts cannot be combined.
Tuition Fees Refund:
In the cases of both existing and new students, the registration/re-registration deposit will not be refunded unless there are extenuating circumstances. These circumstances include, but are not limited to, evidence of family/student relocation to another country/emirate or any other unforeseen circumstances.
In the case of a refund, the school fees will be calculated as follows:
- Tuition fees paid prior to the beginning of the academic year are refundable, and only the registration/re-registration fees will be deducted.
- If the student was enrolled in the school for two weeks or less, a month’s fees will be deducted;
- If the student was enrolled in the school for a period ranging between two weeks and one month, two months’ fees will be deducted
- If the student was enrolled in the school for more than a month, the full term’s fees will be deducted
- Book fees and exam fees are refundable if the student decides to leave the school prior to the beginning of the academic year
The refund will be calculated from the start of the term and the date of the official request by the parent stating the intent of withdrawal and not from the date when the student was absent. Being on the school registrar counts as days in school.
In the case of refunds, all reimbursements will be issued via cheques only, regardless of the original payment mode. It is important to note that if the fee was paid by a company, the refund will be reimbursed to the respective entity.